Cursed Belief

Category: By Jenson
For as long as I remember living in this beautiful world, I had never once doubt about the beautiful world we lived in. I grew up in a life where I would describe it as lucky and yet I once doubt that it was normal, on certain times below average. Well, there are people who grew up in a better life I would say. I am actually referring top those rich peeps out there. We are in fact lucky to live in this era and in this country. We grew up in our respective comfortable family lifestyle. Such a peaceful country indeed, free of any negative aspects; no earthquakes, no typhoons, no outbreaks and most importantly no war. [Just to name a few.] I grew up thinking that everyone in the world grew up in a life like the most of us do. But I was wrong. Many people out there aren't as lucky as we are. Some are born into a poor country, some born into a war-zone, while some born into country where catastrophic unstable nature elements hit frequently. Just to highlight on some particular countries.. Nothing isn't worse than what I came over today. I had actually knew this issue for quite some time but I thought it would be interesting to share with you guys.

I read through an online article after receiving an email from a friend of mine regarding the many child rapes in Africa. The email had a short story in it highlighting about a 9 month old baby girl being raped by 6 men in a precised and know location; Cape Town. These child rapes are all done as many African men believed that they could be cured of any diseases they had contracted; and among such disease would be the HIV AIDS. It is believed that the younger the infant is, the better the rate of being cured of the disease. I posted this not to mention on the HIV AIDS but on the disgraced acts of the men. Wait, Are they even qualified to be labeled as MEN?! I doubt that the word fiend would even suit them. Even serial rapist would think twice before raping a baby. Have they no brains or no pride in doing such evil deeds? For GOD's sake, it's a 9 month old baby!! This belief has infact led to an epidermic of rapes on infants by men that infected by HIV. What's worse is that when the child are born,

Where are all the heroes when we need one? Where are the leaders when such despicable act of cruelty happens in their own nation?! There are many volunteers out there giving their best to help those less unfortunate ones. The volunteer ones when often interviewed would give the same answer when being asked the question:

"What's the reason behind all these kindness?"



"It's my calling, I guess. It had always seemed like it was my duty."

Going to the infected areas itself to help care for the victims and most importantly provide them with what they needed most at the current sort of situation; HOPE. I am not the sort of person who just sits right in front of my computer and just complains or nag on issues like this. To be exact, I do donate to such organisations that aims to help these less unfortunate ones. Sadly, I had never tried to be a volunteer before. Perhaps it isn't my sort of calling. But, i just can't bear to sit back at home and do nothing. I just hope that those rich bastards out there would somehow snap out of it and realise what chaos the world is going through right this instant. Even though you can't get your self there to do something, your money could. Hope that you peeps would somehow provide Hope to those victims; especially Cape Town. Please. Help contribute some kindess to them.

-------------------------------------------

Come to think of it, I think I myself need some Hope as well...



Where is she?

-Jenson-
October 8 2008
 

1 comment so far.

  1. Unknown October 15, 2008 at 11:13 AM
    -Too many lives are so gone, unoticed. The innocent suffer the wrath, of man's soiled conscience. The hate, the discontent of their lives, bleed into the eyes of the young. And the young, learn no love, only fear. Small figures, discarded, forgotten, and forever lost. And the world turns on, to another day, and the grander gradification, of that one monent, actually counts more... than the love, that could be given to one child lost. What a terrible, and condemned nation... we are. Whoever you are, God bless you, for caring so much.
    -David T. Culver/ Montgomery, Alabama.

Something to say?